Saturday, December 10, 2022

2022 Catch-up Review: Broken by Magic and Chosen for Power

Broken by Magic Broken by Magic by Lindsay Buroker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My reviews of the first two books stand for this one too, for the most part.

(Spoilers are in my review on Goodreads.)

I wasn't all that satisfied with how things turned out at the end of the book. There was a 'wholesomeness' missing. Perhaps we shall get it at the end of the series? ...

 

View all my reviews Chosen for Power Chosen for Power by Lindsay Buroker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When one is the fourth book into the series, I'm not sure how this can stay a review any longer. Review wise, Buroker keeps up the pace. There isn't a boring moment! The mages and mercenaries in Torvil are just as constantly engaged in a fight for survival as are Jak, Jadora, Malek, and whoever gets to go exploring the other worlds with them. The plot thickens, the characters grow, the snark is less prominent, but in a more fitting way. There is plenty more to intrigue one even further.

Now, for just a few of my thoughts on things that happen -- not for those who haven't read the book as yet! (Spoilers on Goodreads.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to engage in conversation over this post.