Monday, December 19, 2022

2022 Catch-up Review: Origins (Book 3 of Heritage of Power)

Origins Origins by Lindsay Buroker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Trip has always wanted to fly. It has been his dream, and he is content to be left alone as long as he can do what he loves. All his life, people have considered him odd, though. Over the course of the series we begin to discover, along with Trip, that he is far more than what he seems and what he believes he is.

Chockfull of Lindsay's usual repertoire of action scenes and banter, this series started out with a five star from me. However, as I've gone into each book after the first, the stars have been steadily decreasing. I enjoy Buroker, but I am beginning to find this storyline rather disturbing. While the main characters are interesting, and the romance between the main couple has a sweet and believable development, the background story of Trip is simply bizarre, and I can't take much more of it.

I'm saying goodbye to this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to engage in conversation over this post.