Sunday, December 11, 2022

2022 Catch-up Review: Prince Caspian

Prince Caspian: Book Four: The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian: Book Four: The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm reading this series out aloud to my sons and am discovering it for the first time along with them. I'm beginning to find that I am not so much a fan of C.S.Lewis' writing style. While he is wholly imaginative and there are bits of writing that stand out to me, on the whole I do not find his style particularly captivating. Sometimes, it feels a bit tedious, but my boys appear to be paying the stories a great deal of attention. Knowing the allegorical nature of the series, my boys enjoy discovering the connections, and are sometimes quicker at finding the connections than I am!

They are enjoying the series, and were prompt in pulling out book number 5 the moment I was done with Prince Caspian. I'm not ready for it, though, so we're moving onto something else for awhile before we return to Narnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to engage in conversation over this post.