Thursday, December 15, 2022

2022 Catch-up Review: Nonfiction Cascade Reviews

Memory How to Develop, Train, and Use It Memory How to Develop, Train, and Use It by William Walker Atkinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While I hadn't gone actively looking for a book on developing memory, I had been thinking of ways in which I could improve mine. I was a little worried that my mind was getting to be a bit fuzzy, and that I wasn't able to remember details from my day. This book was a happenstance.

I happened across it when looking for something to listen to from librivox. So, naturally, I took it up to listen during my car rides to and from work.

These minutes, while listening to Atkinson's treatise, have turned out to have been productively used! I have been gradually employing some of the 'natural' suggestions given, and I have begun to see a difference.

My key take-aways are:
Interest
Attention
Impressions
Review and / or Repetition

Reviewing my day, recalling what I've eaten, worn, said, people I've met and exchanged important words with, make my brain feel a little sharper. I have my own set of 'interests' I am looking into and have begun working on. Now, I only have to stick to this like glue!

A full five because this really was not a waste of time at all!




The Choice: The Christ-Centered Pursuit of Kingdom Outcomes The Choice: The Christ-Centered Pursuit of Kingdom Outcomes by Gary G. Hoag
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has been very insightful. I am eager to read it again piece-meal, and study it along with it's study questions at the back of the book.

My biggest take-aways from the perspective of deeper insight into a couple of things in the Bible, were the passages that dealt with our Lord's three temptations in the wilderness, and the rocks that brought forth water while Moses lead the Israelites.

Apart from these, there is much about true Christian leadership that gave better understanding about much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to engage in conversation over this post.